It only took the outbreak of a deadly virus, but I did it. I bought a face mask.
Many Asians wear these, often out in public, so they don’t get sick. My school’s now requiring we all wear one if we take public transportation. I’m actually impressed with all the measures they’ve taken to keep us from catching MERS.
- Wear a face mask
- Wash your hands frequently
- They cancelled our staff dinner (in case anyone was infected they wouldn’t spread it)
- They cancelled the 6th grade field trip next week
- They removed all the bar soap from the bathrooms – only liquid soap is left
- They posted MERS info sheets in every classroom
- Kids have to go home after school (they can’t hang around the school and play like they normally do)
But what I don’t get is… why isn’t school cancelled? If someone has MERS and comes to school, won’t they still spread it?
The World Health Organization seems to think it’s coming for us. Oh joy!